Message by UN Secretary-General António Guterres on World Humanitarian Day文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
联合国秘书长安东尼奥·古特雷斯世界人道主义日致辞文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
19 August 2024文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
2024年8月19日文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
Wherever there is human suffering, humanitarian aid workers are striving to alleviate hardship and pain.文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
无论哪里有人类苦难,人道主义援助工作人员都会努力缓解困难和痛苦。文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/15660.html
Humanitarian operations coordinated by the United Nations provided life-saving aid to more than 140 million people last year.
去年,由联合国协调的人道主义行动为超过1.4亿人提供了救生援助。
Aid workers, mostly national staff serving their own communities, persevered despite brutal violence.
援助工作者大多数是为自己所在社区服务的本国工作人员。他们在遭遇残酷暴力情况下,仍坚持不懈。
They continued their efforts to overcome all obstacles to supporting people in need -- in the face of severe funding shortages.
在面临资金严重短缺的情况下,他们仍然努力克服一切障碍,为需要帮助的人提供支持。
On World Humanitarian Day, we once again salute their courage, their determination, and their service to humanity.
值此世界人道主义日之际,我们再次赞颂他们的勇气、他们的决心和他们对人类的服务精神。
And we recognize that honouring aid workers is not enough.
我们认识到,仅仅表彰援助工作者是不够的。
2023 was the deadliest year on record for humanitarian personnel.
2023年是有记录以来人道主义工作人员死亡人数最多的一年。
In Gaza, in Sudan, and in many other places, humanitarian workers are being attacked, killed, injured, and abducted, alongside the civilians they support.
在加沙、苏丹和许多其他地方,人道主义工作人员与其所救助的平民一起遭到袭击、杀害、受伤和绑架。
Disinformation campaigns spread lies that cost lives.
虚假信息宣传散播种种谎言,造成生命损失。
International humanitarian law – the law that protects civilians during wartime – is being ignored and trampled.
国际人道法——战时保护平民的法律——正在被忽视和践踏。
A climate of impunity means perpetrators do not fear justice.
有罪不罚的氛围使犯罪者无惧正义。
This is a failure of humanity, responsibility, and leadership.
这是人性、责任和领导力的失败。
On World Humanitarian Day, we demand an end to attacks on humanitarians and on all civilians.
值此世界人道主义日,我们要求停止针对人道主义工作者和所有平民的攻击。
We demand that governments put pressure on all parties to conflict to protect civilians.
我们要求各国政府向冲突各方施加压力,要求其保护平民。
We demand an end to arms transfers to armies and groups that violate international law.
我们要求停止向违反国际法的军队和团体转让武器。
We demand an end to impunity, so that perpetrators face justice.
我们要求消除有罪不罚现象,使犯罪者受到法律制裁。
Celebrating humanitarians is not enough.
仅仅颂扬人道主义工作者是不够的。
We must all do more to protect and safeguard our common humanity.
我们都必须做更多的工作,保护和捍卫我们共同的人性。